Are you new to the world of CBD? Do you wonder what the right method of consuming CBD is? With the increasing popularity and widespread legalization of the cannabinoid, the methods of its consumption have become diverse. Among them, CBD capsules and oil have become the most popular methods of ingesting it. Both methods have strong similarities but key differences that can make it difficult for you to pick the suitable one. If you are in a dilemma, here’s what you need to know to help you choose.
What is CBD?
The entire world is buzzing with the CBD craze, but do you know what it is? CBD is one of hundreds of cannabinoids present in the cannabis plant. It is a medicinal and non-psychoactive chemical compound with therapeutic properties. And people are using this cannabinoid to help them with various mental and physical ailments.
All about CBD oil
The plant goes through a rigorous Co2 extraction process to get CBD from the cannabis or hemp plant. It removes all other cannabinoids and terpenes, giving a pure CBD extract. This is then mixed to a carrier like coconut oil or hemp seed oil, to provide you with high-grade CBD oil. The manufacturers use strains that are high in CBD to produce high-grade oil.
How to use it:
CBD oil is extremely versatile in the ways you can use it. If you are looking for inspiration, here are a few easy methods :
- Sublingual: You can put 5-6 drops of the CBD oil under your tongue, hold it for 60 seconds and swallow. The bloodstream under your tongue will absorb the oil and provide instant effects.
- Topically: Applying CBD oil on your skin can do wonders. You can gently massage the oil directly or use lotions infused with CBD oil.
- Edibles: Edibles are food or drinks that contain CBD oil. While there are edibles like gummies and brownies available in the market today, you can also make them yourself. Simply add a few drops of the oil on your favorite food or drink.
- Vaping: You can use an electronic vaping device that heats CBD oil to produce vapor that you can inhale. It is the fastest way to get cannabinoids into your bloodstreams for quick relief from pain.
Why opt for CBD oil:
- Variety: If you are someone with a knack for experimenting, CBD oil is a great choice. The oil comes in different flavors, from fruits to desserts that can make your experience enjoyable. You can pick a flavor of your own choice or even opt for the regular unflavored CBD oil.
- Customization: The oil comes with a dropper that allows you to customize the amount you take. Depending upon your CBD needs, you can alter the amount of oil you ingest.
- Increased bio-availability: Bio-availability is the amount of CBD your body absorbs. It can depend upon the method of consuming oil that you choose and its quality. The CBD oil is pure and highly potent, enabling your body to absorb more cannabinoids.
- Immediate effects: When you ingest CBD oil, it goes directly into your bloodstreams. The cannabinoids travel with the blood to the affected area and help provide instant effects for physical and mental troubles like anxiety or insomnia.
Why to opt against CBD oil:
- Flavor: CBD oil has an earthy flavor and texture that might not suit everyone’s palate. It might also leave an unpleasant aftertaste in your mouth.
- Not discreet: If you use CBD oil, you will have to carry the bottle around. Consuming the oil in public might lead to some frowns, making it unsuitable for use when you’re on the go.
All about CBD capsules
Another popular method of consuming CBD is capsules. They are tiny gel capsules that contain the cannabinoid. After the extraction of CBD from the cannabis hemp plants, manufacturers for the cannabinoid into a gel capsule. It is an easy and convenient way of enjoying the benefits of CBD capsules Canada .
How to use it:
Like regular capsules, there is only one way to consume CBD capsules. Pop a capsule into your mouth and just swallow it in with water. Taking a CBD capsule can be extremely easy and fuss-free.
Why opt for CBD capsules:
- No flavor: Since all you do is swallow the CBD capsule, you will not have to experience the earthy taste. Capsules are ideal for users who struggle with the flavor of CBD oil.
- Discreet: If you need constant doses of CBD while you are going about your day, CBD capsules can come to your aid. They resemble any other supplements or medicines that you take. You can consume them discreetly, even if you are in public.
- Easy to carry: CBD capsules are tiny and can easily be stored in your pocket or handbag. You can also let go of the stress of spilling or wastage.
- Measured dosage: Each CBD capsule comes with a measured dosage of the cannabinoid. With the capsule, you don’t have to worry about measuring the oil or CBD content as you do with the oil.
Why opt against CBD capsules:
- Less bio-availability: The primary downside of CBD capsules is that it offers lower bio-availability as compared to the oil. When you ingest the capsule, it makes way to your digestive system where it breaks down. The cannabinoids then go to your bloodstream. During the digestion of the capsule, a lot of cannabinoids may get lost and your body will only be able to absorb a small percentage of it.
- Slow effects: Your digestive system takes time to break down the capsule. It may delay the effects of CBD and can take 30-40 minutes for you to feel any changes.
The effects of CBD depend on the method of consumption that you choose. While both CBD oil and capsules are effective, you can pick one depending upon your needs. If you want instant effects of CBD, the oil can be a better option. But if you are looking for a discreet and fuss-free method of consuming CBD, the capsules can be best suited for you. Get your hands on the CBD oil or capsules today, and enjoy the goodness of this magical cannabinoid.
Written by: Jeffery N. Thompson
Reference links: https://premiumjane.com/blog/cbd-capsules-vs-cbd-oils-which-is-best-for-what/ https://www.hempurecbd.com/articles/cbd-capsules-vs-cbd-oil-which-should-you-use/
Sweet Dreams Sleep Spray
Get the rest you deserve.